Solved! Need help choosing CAD laptop

Dec 16, 2019
So I am enrolling in a college degree which involves a good amount of CAD software. I am hoping to spend as little money as possible (ya know, going to college and all). Suggestions on what laptop is solid and cheap is appreciated. Here are the colleges requirements:
  • Processor - Intel Core i5 or i7
  • OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
  • Memory - 16 GB
  • Graphics Memory - 2 GB
  • Hard Drive - 250 GB
  • Display Monitor - 15.6 or 17

Solution
For proper use with CAD you won't find solid and cheap. Take a look at the requirements for the software, I would go with the recommended specs. In general any "gaming" laptop will run CAD well, at a lower reliability than a workstation laptop like a Lenovo P model or Dell Precision. The Acer Nitro line is on the cheaper side of gaming laptops, but you may need to add some RAM to them depending on the exact thing you find in your budget. Keep in mind that most gaming laptops will be less reliable than the business class systems, but are cheaper.
For proper use with CAD you won't find solid and cheap. Take a look at the requirements for the software, I would go with the recommended specs. In general any "gaming" laptop will run CAD well, at a lower reliability than a workstation laptop like a Lenovo P model or Dell Precision. The Acer Nitro line is on the cheaper side of gaming laptops, but you may need to add some RAM to them depending on the exact thing you find in your budget. Keep in mind that most gaming laptops will be less reliable than the business class systems, but are cheaper.

Solution
Dec 16, 2019
Thank you, I really appreciate the response. I found a used i7 Acer Aspire VX-15 VX5-591G-76BV (Geforce GTX 1050ti, 512 ssd, 16gb ram) on Ebay for $600. As long as it is everything they say it is, do you think this is a good fit?