Need help downloading large files.

xrobxd

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
I don't have the best internet in the world and it takes me some time to download larger files. I'm trying to download a couple of large files from chrome it will just randomly stop and I cant resume for some reason, when I hit resume it jsut starts a new download or says download failed. I've tried many browser Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc...

So my question is they any application that I can use to download files from the internet without having to use the browser download system.

Any help would be appreciate.

Solution
use: Free Download Manager
its an open source free download manager
Pro: splits up files into smaller pieces and downloads them all at once (multi thread), Will re-try if errors out, not too intensive (no performance hit to pc operation), torrent support, ftp support, download priority system( download can be sorted depending on which files you want first), pre-load zip files to view contents (if it has what you want), virus check after download (in settings you can run a virus check with whatever antivirus you have), Flash Video download capability, download resuming (where possible), automatic downloads (when you click a download link, it will display a window asking if you want to download it with the download manager...

wrathofdragon

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
use: Free Download Manager
its an open source free download manager
Pro: splits up files into smaller pieces and downloads them all at once (multi thread), Will re-try if errors out, not too intensive (no performance hit to pc operation), torrent support, ftp support, download priority system( download can be sorted depending on which files you want first), pre-load zip files to view contents (if it has what you want), virus check after download (in settings you can run a virus check with whatever antivirus you have), Flash Video download capability, download resuming (where possible), automatic downloads (when you click a download link, it will display a window asking if you want to download it with the download manager: Clipboard support too (copy file url=> do you want to download with manager window)

Cons: some slight bugs in the priority system (will sometimes download the lesser priority file before the higher priority file), responds slower if downloading more than 10 files.

Solution

xrobxd

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014

seems to have worked a I hoped. I just need to wait for the downloads to finish. thanks for you help