Need help in overclocking intel hd 510

FRANKSTAR09

Prominent
May 20, 2017
I have i3 6098p, 4gb ddr4 ram and intel hd 510 i get 20-23fps in assassins creed 4 at 720p(low settings) but i want better fps can anybody tell me how to safely oc intel hd graphics and which version of intel extreme tuning utility to use? I have the latest but it doesnt show all options in graphics tab...

Solution

If you are buying a 750 Ti new now, not a good idea, get the 1050 Ti even if it's a bit more money. An i5 will be fine for gaming in pretty much every case short of trying to run at 4k with the highest settings you can.

FRANKSTAR09

Prominent
May 20, 2017

Ok thanks for the answer, i just thought maybe i could overclock my IGPU because i've seen in videos where people try to overclock their onboard graphics.

A laptop with an i3 CPU with no secondary video card is in no way meant for gaming, do you want faster gaming or a functioning laptop? Better idea would be to sell the laptop and get one with a gaming card. Something based on the last generation 950m, 960m with an i5 CPU is not very pricey now, and even system with the newer nVidia 1050 cards are in the $700-800 range. Forcing a system into running faster than it was designed to is as likely to kill the system as give you a tiny boost in gaming. Not really worth it.

FRANKSTAR09

Prominent
May 20, 2017
Then do you think i5 7th generation with gtx 750ti would be a good choice or i7 with gtx 750ti? I am going to buy a desktop pc. And sorry for the down vote accidently tapped it.

If you are buying a 750 Ti new now, not a good idea, get the 1050 Ti even if it's a bit more money. An i5 will be fine for gaming in pretty much every case short of trying to run at 4k with the highest settings you can.

Solution