Need Help On Upgrading To for VR

Noah S

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015
The problem with my pc is I can't upgrade my cpu to the reccomend cpu for the vive (According to pcpartpicker). So I need help choose an i5 that I can use for vr just like the reccomended i5-4590.
P.S - I will definently upgrade my graphics card, I just need help on the cpu part. I know my pc can't handle vr right now.
Vive Reccomended Specs:
Intel™ Core™ i5-4590 or AMD FX™ 8350, equivalent or better
My specs are:
Intel i3-3250
8gb of ram
Asus Z75 Pro Motherboard

Solution
Have you considered getting a Rift instead? Same price, but lower hardware requirements due to the new ASW feature in software.

With your current motherboard, you could go for just about any Ivy Bridge (or Sandy Bridge) Core i5 or i7 you can find used, except the 3470T. I'm personally using a Core i5-3450, and also with a Z75 motherboard, which allows it to be overclocked by 0.4 GHz.

Sakkura

Distinguished
Have you considered getting a Rift instead? Same price, but lower hardware requirements due to the new ASW feature in software.

With your current motherboard, you could go for just about any Ivy Bridge (or Sandy Bridge) Core i5 or i7 you can find used, except the 3470T. I'm personally using a Core i5-3450, and also with a Z75 motherboard, which allows it to be overclocked by 0.4 GHz.

Solution

Noah S

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015

Well idk but I think I might, thxs for the help! I will hopefully add that to upgrading my pc in the future.