Need help resetting a used surface pro 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aer351

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014
I got a surface pro 2 off Ebay and it arrived with all the old users data on it. He has an account on the tablet and has a password. I have tried resetting the tablet but I cannot as it keeps asking for recovery media which I do not have. I have attempted to contact the seller and even opened a sales dispute because the seller will not answer me. I am desperate for a solution or anyway I can make this tablet useable. All I have is the tablet, charger, and a keyboard cover. Please help.

Solution
Unless the previous owner did something weird to it, you don't need recovery media. You can restore it to factory settings, wiping all that guy's stuff and information from it, really easily-- I had to return one to Best Buy, and this took me 3 minutes. Google "factory reset surface pro 2," and it'll take you to Microsoft's instruction page. You want their third option, "reset." Instructions would also be in the manual, if the seller had given you that.

aer351

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014

Even if I take it to a service company theres nothing they can do that I can't. I am just looking for a solution that doesnt require me reinstalling windows on top of the current one.

ArynChris

Estimable
Nov 24, 2014
Unless the previous owner did something weird to it, you don't need recovery media. You can restore it to factory settings, wiping all that guy's stuff and information from it, really easily-- I had to return one to Best Buy, and this took me 3 minutes. Google "factory reset surface pro 2," and it'll take you to Microsoft's instruction page. You want their third option, "reset." Instructions would also be in the manual, if the seller had given you that.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.