Question Need help to buy a new headset ( urgent, old headset broke :'( )

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Noxeal

Great
Feb 26, 2019
Hello,
That's now 3 days my old Logitech G230 headset broke, and I would like to buy another one.
I've already bought the Sennheiser Game Zero, but I returned it, because it has literally no bass.
I want to use it for gaming ( all types of games ) and also listening music.
I know there's already a lot of threads like this, but I want an headset with good bass ( not like the game zero, where I couldn't hear/feel basses at all ).
I do still think that Sennheiser headsets are really good, since everyone around me says so ^^'.
So I would need recommendations : I don't know if the Logitech G230 was an opened or closed headset, because I don't really realise what is the difference between these two. Even tho I know that with an opened one you hear people and you don't with a closed one.
I also really don't like hearing myself talking like I was with the Game Zero.
So, I would need some help choosing a headset, and my budget is at ~200€ ( I can go a bit higher if it's for really good quality, but please help, that's already 3 days I haven't stopped searching :c ).
Thanks,
Noxeal

Oh, and, I've also heard about Beyerdynamic, but the headset I found needed a really good dac and I don't want to spend that much money ( it was the DT 990 PRO )

Last edited:

Noxeal

Great
Feb 26, 2019
I don't think there's any difference.

Yep a Fiio E10K or Q1 would easily drive them.

Okay, then I will buy DT 770 Pro 80 Ohms with E10K. One last question, are these headphones good for gaming and animes ? Because I will only have these headphones, so I would like them to be good for everything ^^.
For the kind of games I play : everything since I like it ! Not much fps though, but sometimes ^^
Thanks

EDIT : I've heard the DT 770 Pro 80 Ohms were the best in term of mids and has smoother highs/treble, is that true ? Cuz it's exactly what I want

D

Deleted member 217926

They should be fine for gaming. Audio is terribly subjective. What I like you may hate and vise versa. But in your budget the DT770s are one of the best choices.

Let me know what you think and enjoy. :)

Noxeal

Great
Feb 26, 2019
They should be fine for gaming. Audio is terribly subjective. What I like you may hate and vise versa. But in your budget the DT770s are one of the best choices.

Let me know what you think and enjoy. :)

That took me more than 1 week to choose, I was almost dying... thanks a lot ! :D
I'll let you know what I think when I receive them :3

I think I'll go for the DT 770 Pro 80 Ohms, but should I go for the Studio or the Monitor version ??
And would a Fiio E10K be good enough ? ( if I need an amp ) Or do you have a better idea ( average 100€ ) ?

For about 100, the Audio-Technica ATH-M40x are very good, not likely you will find anything better. And you would need to decide for yourself if you like the headsets, there are as personal as what keyboards people like. If you pick out 10 people to ask you will get 5 different answers about what they like.

Find a HiFi shop and see what they have to try things out. Not many around anymore, but there should be something in your area. Unless you live in some hilly sheep/wine making older area in France where there are no stores.