Need help to choose

Shahpassand

Estimable
Feb 13, 2015
Hi everybody .
Hope you all doing well and be healthy everyday .

A while go i create a thread here and get some really good help about spec .

But i'm decide to wait for buying .

And now i'm looking to get a laptop .

I have 2 model in my minde becuse of my budget : 1 new base macbook pro 13 2015 2.7 core i5 , 8 gig ram , 128 ssd and intel iris 6100

2 : asus n551jk
Intel core i7 4710hq
8 gig ram , 1 tb + 24 gig ssd , geforce gtx850m 4 gig ddr3

I do not gaming at all but i do editing 20 mega pixel camera photo and 5 minutes or little longer 1080p with text motion and blur and color and stuff like that .

And i gotta say i like mac os ui much more than windows and of curse battery and build quality in important to me !

So with this limitted budget of mine the macbook is a wise choise or enoughf for my needs or i had to get a windows lap top ?

I'll be so glad to hear guide from you kindness people .

Thank you for your time .

Solution

I agree with you about the Mac. Shame they locked their machines so the only option to upgrade to newer hardware is to buy another......

The thing I did was to join forums like Adobe etc. and ask what laptops / desktops others are...

RobWHS

Estimable
Jun 3, 2014
Mac is better IMO. cousin used one at uni for his media course (video editing / production etc) and swore by it.
Also weigh up what software you want to use and compare between the devices.

Shahpassand

Estimable
Feb 13, 2015
The apps i use is photoshop , adobe premier and after effects but i need final cut pro and logic .

My problem is my budget , in macbook pro nothing user upgradable and im stuck with what i'm buying , in asus lap top i acces the hard drive and rams , but in the other hand im happy with mac operation system . But stuck with intel iris 6100 and no dedicated graphic and i don't know why they just not put some even geforce 820 ddr3 on it i think because of the logic board i geuss ! But i'm so confused !

RobWHS

Estimable
Jun 3, 2014

I agree with you about the Mac. Shame they locked their machines so the only option to upgrade to newer hardware is to buy another......

The thing I did was to join forums like Adobe etc. and ask what laptops / desktops others are using.

I built my own desktop for 3D rendering and modelling so joined some 3D forums before building.
Always good to hear what others are using before buying.

The same goes with laptops. Someone on the Adobe forums will have a laptop that does exactly what you want to do and will be able to give you better advice.

Solution

Shahpassand

Estimable
Feb 13, 2015
Yeah rob , it's policy and it's dirty one .
I'm absolutely sure they can keep their design but let the buyer upgrade some in their devices , and they could put a dedicated graphic in 13 inch i mean weeker one than 15 inch but they won't !!

But the other hand the mac os and the build design and quality is perfect , the material , the keyboard , specially the display is really good . and mac os use all the hardware power of system wich is good thing . apple product really worth the invensmet if you have the money , by the way , thank you so much rob for your advice and thank you for your time .

RobWHS

Estimable
Jun 3, 2014

I couldn't agree with you more, that's why I've stayed 'Mac free' for several years now.
Shame that the things are so bloody expensive for high end machines.

You're welcome, I hope you get some good advice and get the machine that suits your needs. :)