Solved! Need help urgently

Nov 13, 2018
Hi, I have a Toshiba satellite Pro L50-A and it doesn't boot to windows but always to the setup page..
I did a full HDD clean up using the three supplied recovery disks but it still goes to the bios setup page....
Would appreciate anything at all... thanks and cheers

Toua
Papua New Guinea

Solution
does the bios see the hdd? what OS? if windows 10, then you can make a usb or dvd to boot from and try to repair windows from that. if you have a valid windows 7 key, Microsoft will allow you to download the ISO so you can burn a DVD

Peter Martin

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014
does the bios see the hdd? what OS? if windows 10, then you can make a usb or dvd to boot from and try to repair windows from that. if you have a valid windows 7 key, Microsoft will allow you to download the ISO so you can burn a DVD

Solution

wirefire99

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
Since you have run HDD repairs it is unlikely the disk is straight up missing. If you let the device run the battery down to DEAD and left it unplugged the bios may have lost its memory. you should look for a setting in there about booting UEFI or BIOS and try both. if you used to see an entry for "Windows Boot Manager" that was a UEFI boot a BIOS boot will list the physical disk as the boot entry. I can't imagine that this is the problem but if the SATA Disk controller has a normal / IDE mode, AHCI or RAID mode you could try those settings as well in case something screwed up the AHCI Driver. (normally when I see what you are describing it is the UEFI / BIOS boot was switched. many times BIOS is listed as "Legacy" in the bios and that computer is the right age to be an earlier adopter of both systems.)

Nov 13, 2018