Need help with a Asus G7GX

Jdyer19

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017
My brother got a older G7 a long time ago and used it for a while, but it died and he put it away for a long time. He said it had something to do with the battery. I recently got my hands on it and asked him if I could keep it if i fixed it, and he said yes. I dont know a lot about computers but heres my problems
-The charger has a light on it that is on up until you plug it into the computer where it immediately turns off.
-no lights on the computer wont turn on, it isnt doing anything
I tried taking out the battery and powering it on like that but nothing is happening. I also did the thing where you hold the power button for a minute. Any help would be great thanks.

Solution
Sounds like you probably have a dying power supply. Go grab a universal charger from wally world and test it to see if its the charger, you can always return if its not the problem. If it is not the power supply then it leads me to believe that ether your charging port connection broke loose needing you to solder it back on or you have a fried MOBO.

Qhemist

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
Sounds like you probably have a dying power supply. Go grab a universal charger from wally world and test it to see if its the charger, you can always return if its not the problem. If it is not the power supply then it leads me to believe that ether your charging port connection broke loose needing you to solder it back on or you have a fried MOBO.

Solution

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Jdyer19 : "Asus G72GX charging issues"