Need help with DVD regions! Much appreciated.

Teacake96

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Hey guys,

I am from Australia and have received a box set however it is set to region 2 when I need region 4.

My question is, short of buying another player or converting all 31 discs into a format which I can then burn onto another disc, is there any way I can change the region code for each original disc to region 4?

Unfortunately my current Blu-ray player - LG BD660 - cannot be set to region free, or so I have read.

I really want to be able to watch these on my TV and not just my PC. I can view them on my PC fine but neither my Blu-ray Player or my Xbox will play them.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards,
Tom.

Solution
be careful when watching them on your pc. you can only change the "region" on your player a certain number of times before it gets locked. if you're not careful you may end up having to buy another dvd drive.

there is no way to change the region on the physical disk once it is written.

there are only three solutions...

-buy a region 2 dvd player
-buy a dvd drive for your pc and set it to region 2. only use this drive for that purpose.
-convert all 32 disks to region free iso.

slyfox anydvd works great for this paired up with nero to write the iso and burn the disk.
be careful when watching them on your pc. you can only change the "region" on your player a certain number of times before it gets locked. if you're not careful you may end up having to buy another dvd drive.

there is no way to change the region on the physical disk once it is written.

there are only three solutions...

-buy a region 2 dvd player
-buy a dvd drive for your pc and set it to region 2. only use this drive for that purpose.
-convert all 32 disks to region free iso.

slyfox anydvd works great for this paired up with nero to write the iso and burn the disk.

Solution

purrcatian

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010

AnyDVD eliminates the need to change the region on your DVD drive. AnyDVD will automatically remove the region on the fly. That is why I recommended it.

In addition, ImgBurn is both free and easier to use than Nero. I think that the combination of AnyDVD and ImgBurn would be perfect for this project.

you are correct.. i forgot that aspect of anydvd...however...

anydvd is also a monumental P.I.T.A. at times since it wants to run for any dvd you stick in the drives, even data dvds. you either need to stop it from autostarting and manually start it up when you want to watch the movies or just deal with the lag when putting disks in your drive.

it also is not freeware and requires you to purchase a license after the trial expires.

i use anydvd and it works good however i have mine set so that i need to manually start it up.

i must have about 6 copies of nero laying around since it comes with hardware alot of times which is why i use it. there are of course other options as you suggested.