Need help with installation of windows

Derekwc28

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016
Hi.I have a Dell latitude D630.long story short...linux was recently installed which being computer iliterate has obviously cause myself problems! I currently have a usb fash with windows 8.1 already installed onto it!is there anyway I can just erase EVERYTHING ON THE LAPTOP AND START FRESH AND THEN INSTALL WINDOWS 8.1 ALMOST AS IF IT BRAND-NEW STARTING FROM ALL THE factory DEFAULT SETTINGS OR SOMETHING!at this moment I'm getting stuck at the screen which type of installation do I want (upgrade or custom) tried both and still can't get it to work!PLEASE HELP!!!!

Solution
First off, are there data in the old Windows system that you'd like to retrieve? If yes, fire up the Linux system and save them on to an external source. That way, if you go for a factory reset, you won't have lost anything except programmes you've install since you had the laptop.

The option you're looking for is Custom and that's a new system.
First off, are there data in the old Windows system that you'd like to retrieve? If yes, fire up the Linux system and save them on to an external source. That way, if you go for a factory reset, you won't have lost anything except programmes you've install since you had the laptop.

The option you're looking for is Custom and that's a new system.

Solution