Need help with microsoft office

jeettd

Estimable
Oct 31, 2014
I need to keep 2 of my computers in sync all the time. If i change or update a file on one pc it should be updated on my second.
How do i do this and what should i buy like office 2016 or 365 confused a bit.
And can i do this same on my ipad as well?

Solution
the real question is where do you want to put the files, you could put them on onedrive, dropbox or similar, in which case everything can use them and you have no sync issues as they are all in the same place. You could use the home group feature, BUT it requires that the machine that 'hosts' the files is always on (whilst you want to access them anyway). The i-device ruins the latter option, office 365 might therefore work as it is setup to deal with cloud really easily, I think that one license covers a desktop and a mobile device, check the licensing.

13thmonkey

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
the real question is where do you want to put the files, you could put them on onedrive, dropbox or similar, in which case everything can use them and you have no sync issues as they are all in the same place. You could use the home group feature, BUT it requires that the machine that 'hosts' the files is always on (whilst you want to access them anyway). The i-device ruins the latter option, office 365 might therefore work as it is setup to deal with cloud really easily, I think that one license covers a desktop and a mobile device, check the licensing.

Solution

jeettd

Estimable
Oct 31, 2014

Say i chose onedrive, I am going to use excel files so if i open a file on one , update it, then it will be updated on both of them right?