Need Help with Mounting a 55'' 4k TV

superboiboi

Estimable
Jun 11, 2015
Hi, it's a 55'' 4K TV. the TV distance is about 210cm (82.6 inches) or (6.9 feet) from the sofa. How high should i mount my TV on the wall ? I have been researching on it a lot, but i dont find any answer. Hope you are keen on helping me! regards

Solution

You must be kidding.

OK, you may not find something like "for a 55", mount it X-inches off the ground." There is no exact answer like that because...

I will give you the next best answer: Ideally, for viewing quality, you sit-down eyeballs will be exactly horizontal to the middle of the screen, except that's usually too low for aesthetic (TV off) room's decor consideration, so folks usually up that a little and your horizontal line-of-sight is looking at the bottom half of the TV, and people tend to rest their heads on the sofa anyways and looking slightly up. You may tilt the TV slight down if you wish (3-5 degree?) but not critical.

You must be kidding.

OK, you may not find something like "for a 55", mount it X-inches off the ground." There is no exact answer like that because...

I will give you the next best answer: Ideally, for viewing quality, you sit-down eyeballs will be exactly horizontal to the middle of the screen, except that's usually too low for aesthetic (TV off) room's decor consideration, so folks usually up that a little and your horizontal line-of-sight is looking at the bottom half of the TV, and people tend to rest their heads on the sofa anyways and looking slightly up. You may tilt the TV slight down if you wish (3-5 degree?) but not critical.

Solution