Need Infected File Recovery Support: Ransomware

Kayan Morshed

Estimable
Nov 4, 2014
My computer has been infected by a Ransomware (May be Locky or Crytowall). All .pdf , .txt, .docx and .jpg files are encrypted and can't be accessed.

I have changed my Operating System (Windows 7) quickly without fully understanding the attack (actually I was at a loss). Now, I can't access any files of those extensions. How can I recover my files?

Solution
The bad news is you can't retrieve the data. Once encrypted the only way to recover them, the files need to be decrypted.

The blackmailers tell you to pay them for the key but once they have the money, the evidence is they don't provide it.

Sorry but the only two bits of advice I can give is not to get caught again. One is back everything up frequently and keep that backup drive in a fireproof box.

The other is don't click on links in Spam mails and try not even open those mails, however tempting the subject line seems to be.
The bad news is you can't retrieve the data. Once encrypted the only way to recover them, the files need to be decrypted.

The blackmailers tell you to pay them for the key but once they have the money, the evidence is they don't provide it.

Sorry but the only two bits of advice I can give is not to get caught again. One is back everything up frequently and keep that backup drive in a fireproof box.

The other is don't click on links in Spam mails and try not even open those mails, however tempting the subject line seems to be.

Solution