Need laptop opinions!

goddard16

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015
Hi, I am currently trying to find a laptop for around $1000 but came across the dell Inpiron 15 7000. Would this laptop be good for school and light gaming (league of legends)? My main concerns are speed and it will need to last at least 2 or 3 years.

I am looking at the $1249 UHD version but the resolution looks nice but worries me, I have seen lots of problems associated with UHD screens because of scaling issues, will i be able to switch between 1080p and it without issue? or would the 1080p version be better?

http://www.dell.com/ca/p/inspiron-15-7547-laptop/pd?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn

oh also, I see it has a 5400Rpm drive, in the future should I be able to toss in a SSD if desired?
Thanks a lot :)

Solution
D
You should be able to easily upgrade to an SSD later down the road and also be able to upgrade the RAM if you choose to. The laptop looks pretty good but for future proofing you may want to look for a laptop with a better graphics processor.
D

Deleted member 1697763

You should be able to easily upgrade to an SSD later down the road and also be able to upgrade the RAM if you choose to. The laptop looks pretty good but for future proofing you may want to look for a laptop with a better graphics processor.

Solution