Need Laptop Under 1200$ USD

x2Awesome

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014
Hi everyone I am looking for a laptop that is under 1200$ in USD. I want a laptop that can be used to run games in max settings for games such as COD or Battlefield and maybe GTA. I might be able to go to 1300$ if there is a huge difference between the suggested laptops. Thank you for your help ~Alex

Solution
About the price range- yes, definitely low price, same like Polaris10 desktop card,AMD with this product is aiming for market share in all devices. It should be named M490 for mobile parts- don't buy R9 M485X, that is old, not power efficient part. There is a smaller new Polaris11-M480 chip as well, but it is meant for 1080p slim laptops running games at mid-high; Polaris10 is about twice as powerful. Regarding release dates- it could be late July, but I'd wait and see if there is an official announcement on laptops on 29th of June.
As for the GP106 from nVidia- release of these chips is currently expected in September, and speed- very similar to Polaris10.

neblogai

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2007
It is really bad time to buy right now. You should wait a month for Polaris10 or maybe even for GP106 laptops- these chips will destroy current GPUs the same like Polaris10 are destroying last year's GPUs on desktop

x2Awesome

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014

Would the Polaris10 be in my price range and when is the best time to buy a new gaming laptop?

neblogai

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2007
About the price range- yes, definitely low price, same like Polaris10 desktop card,AMD with this product is aiming for market share in all devices. It should be named M490 for mobile parts- don't buy R9 M485X, that is old, not power efficient part. There is a smaller new Polaris11-M480 chip as well, but it is meant for 1080p slim laptops running games at mid-high; Polaris10 is about twice as powerful. Regarding release dates- it could be late July, but I'd wait and see if there is an official announcement on laptops on 29th of June.
As for the GP106 from nVidia- release of these chips is currently expected in September, and speed- very similar to Polaris10.

Solution

x2Awesome

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014

Thanks for the help Neblogai I will be waiting for the next generation of laptops. I appreciate your fast response and helpful insight.

TRENDING THREADS