Solved! Need Right Speakers

Mar 3, 2020
I have a 2009 Sony model HCD - EC55 mini Hi-Fi player without speakers. It has the older +/- spring clips for connecting the speaker wires. One set for each speaker. I just want to get a set of portable speakers that will connect to it or I can adapt the connections so the speakers will work. The player might go for $20.00 on Ebay so I'm looking for bare minimum decent. I'll need step-by-step instruction if I have to adapt connections. Please help! Thanks

Solution
Given your budget I suggest you try local thrift and charity stores. They often have speakers from mini systems where the main unit is defective. They would be pretty cheap ($5-20) and may even have biwire connections suitable for that main unit. Craigslist is another option. No freight or packing issues either.
Mar 3, 2020
Thanks. I have tried to find passive speakers but have been unsuccessful. Ebay has used which are fine, but by the time they are mailed they cost 3 times what the player is worth. I've been told I can use wired speakers for computers, MP3s, etc., by plugging them into the headset port of the player, but I would prefer a type that is compatible with player wire connection. Any suggestions?

Given your budget I suggest you try local thrift and charity stores. They often have speakers from mini systems where the main unit is defective. They would be pretty cheap ($5-20) and may even have biwire connections suitable for that main unit. Craigslist is another option. No freight or packing issues either.

Solution