Solved! Setting up houses built in speakers

May 28, 2020
Hello all!

I just purchased my first home. In the basement are four speakers. All on the same wall. I believe they run upstairs to a wall connection. (See attached imgur gallery). My question is how do I set these up properly? What do I need? Im a total newb with this stuff. I know that the HDMI hookup for I guess a DVD player comes up right next to the speaker plate so thats why I assume it is the speaker plate. Any help would be appreciated.

Imgur gallery: View: http://imgur.com/a/NadigCn

hang-the-9

Titan
Any reccomendations for a reciever or amp?
Depends on budget and what you will be connecting to it. Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Sony, the well known brands all have good stuff, depends on what you want to use it for and how fancy you get with features. Get something with Dolby Atmos, high res streaming, and you get get into quite a few 100s for it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Audio 1
H Audio 1
S Audio 5
C Audio 0
M Audio 1
Stefan9303 Audio 1
C Audio 1
R Audio 1
Fal11n Audio 0
T Audio 1
T Audio 2
RavenXxXx Audio 1
ajinkys Audio 0
R Audio 1
Synthipedia Audio 0
L Audio 1
F Audio 12
L Audio 2
J Audio 2
T Audio 2
Similar threads
Question Do anyone know the Solution for this headset?
Solved! Trouble setting up passive speakers and active subwoofer with PC
Question Integrating wireless headphones with PC and stereo set - using external Bluetooth transmitter
Question Crackling on 5.1 setting, delay on Dolby Atmos setting
Question USB Headset Sound in One Ear Fix?
Solved! Steelseries arctis 7 Pro Wireless 2019 EQ settings for Warzone
Solved! Does anyone have any suggestions on a good audio converters that r reasonably priced/any tips on how I should set up my home theatre?
Solved! Help deciding between two 5.1 home theater set-ups
Question HS45 Surround USB Conexant Audio Distortion.
Solved! how many watts does a receiver need for a 5.1 Klipsch reference theater set?
Question Why is a Bluetooth device shown in settings as "not connected" when I know it is
Question SPDIF_O to Optical In. PC to Home Theater
Question Dolby Atmos connectivity- 27UK850 - PC Gaming set up - Infini pro
Solved! Is it possible to get 5.1 with this set?
Question Help request regarding setting up a Creative Inspire 5300 Surround System.
Solved! how to set up optical cable on Hisense tv
Question Buzzing noise when loading or playing games
I HAVE A PIONEER POWER SUBWOOFER FOR THE HOUSE WITH MULTI SELECTOR SWITCH for in feed power it is set at 110 ac volt. problem
I have a stereo system set up in a corner of a room that connect to the wire for the speakers for all over the house......I ha
Setting up an embedded audio system in a new house.

ASK THE COMMUNITY