Need secure software

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
I am installing Panda Internet security 2007 and want to know if this is all I need for anti virus, spyware, hijacks, and so on. I don't want to bog the computer down with numerous programs. Thanks Bruce

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
no panda is only good for anti virus but not even as good as Nod32 if you ask me and there is no anti spyware that does the job of spysweeper SpySweeper

firewall you can use a router or look for sygate pro 5.6 :)

Zoron

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
Yes, Panda Internet Security is all you need for all types of malware: viruses, spyware, etc. Even the basic Panda Antivirus, though it lacks firewall, does have spyware / adware / spam protection.

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
if you ever get the chance test panda's anti spyware capabilities against spsysweeper, install kazaa then let panda do its thing then run spysweeper and see what you find ;)

but as you know kazaa is full of spyware so watch out ;)

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
I really like it and have thought of turning off the anti spyware in Panda and using spysweeper. I really don't know if I can Turn off the spyware part of Panda.

Zoron

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
You can, but I haven't seen a need to use anything else myself. I've been to sites like astalavista, and nothing they have thrown at me has gotten past Panda.

That's good enough for me.

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
ok but what does that have anything to do with the fact that panada leaves some stuff where spsweeper will not ?

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
no kiddie I'm a software tester, who goes by facts and results not just hype like kiddies like yourself.

BTW congrats another pointless post for you that gets your kiddie self closer to the pointless avatar.

Zoron

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
What "stuff" does it leave? Yes, you're a software tester... that's all well and nice, however my firsthand experience has told me I don't need to bother purchasing any other software than what I have. Obviously, if I never have a problem with spyware / malware or viruses, why would I need to waste more money fighting imaginary problems I don't have?

I'm sure Spysweeper works quite well. Personally, I don't need it... so why try to persuade me to buy it? If I didn't have an all-in-one solution that worked for me, then yeah, I'd buy Spysweeper. Since the OP has purchased the same software I'm using and I've had nothing but positive experiences with it, of course I'm going to recommend that he doesn't need to spend any more money. If Panda works for him the way it does for me, he'll be just fine.

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
What "stuff" does it leave? Yes, you're a software tester... that's all well and nice, however my firsthand experience has told me I don't need to bother purchasing any other software than what I have. Obviously, if I never have a problem with spyware / malware or viruses, why would I need to waste more money fighting imaginary problems I don't have?

I'm sure Spysweeper works quite well. Personally, I don't need it... so why try to persuade me to buy it? If I didn't have an all-in-one solution that worked for me, then yeah, I'd buy Spysweeper. Since the OP has purchased the same software I'm using and I've had nothing but positive experiences with it, of course I'm going to recommend that he doesn't need to spend any more money. If Panda works for him the way it does for me, he'll be just fine.

I've already done the testing I gave you one to try but sounds like you just wanna keep repeating yourself, so thats OK but if you want me to tell you exactly what then pay me and I will run the test again of course you are more then welcome to do it yourself as I suggested so you can see what it leaves behind yourself ;)

I'm not about to infect my system again just to prove something to somebody who has no interest in the truth to begin with.

be honest would you do it for me? no what would be the point.

you are stuck on panda then good for you but its not the best just because you think so, it does not pickup everything and has false positives also that SS does not have ;)

those are facts now I always say use what you like and if you like panda more power to you but with all due respect just because you like it, it does not change the facts and what it does.

I'm not pulling this out of my ass, nor am I telling to go by SS what I am stating is results of many different test and they are that SS is better at this moment for spyware, if I find something better during my tests then you will see me saying that app is better but so far the best I have found is SS so that is the best so far.

Zoron

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
First off, I never said you were "pulling things out of your ass".

Secondly, as I have stated, Panda works for me. I do not NEED another piece of software.

You can prattle on about your findings until the cows come home... it doesn't change the fact that I personally have had no issues using the software. You said you've had issues, fine, then you use whatever you need to make you feel protected. If I find that I'm having issues, then I will be next in line to purchase Spysweeper. Until that point, I'll stick with what works for me and you stick with what works for you. Nothing you say is going to convince me otherwise.

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
I always say use what you like

plus it not a matter of what I think or anybody thinks its a matter of which apps picks up most of the threat with least amount of false positive.

in this case if you infect a system with spyware, scan it with panda and then scan it with spysweeper you will find that spysweeper has picked up things panada did not find.

that is not my thinking I'm safe that is a fact you can reproduce it if you like with the test I suggested. so lets get it right, you are offering your opinion and you have every right to it and I'm pointing out results of tests not my opinion ;)

Zoron

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
And that's fine... I'm not refuting the test results. I am simply suggesting that in my experience so far, I haven't needed another piece of software, because I haven't had any problems. I used to run Ad-Aware (which to me is one of the crappiest ones out there), Spybot S&D (used to be good, but not as good anymore) and Windows Defender (one of the better free ones out there and MS will actually support it). I also find AVG Anti-Spyware works very well.

Now I'll grant that perhaps Panda may not be as good as SS when it comes to cleaning up a computer that is already infected... but Panda (for me) has prevented me from getting infected in the first place... I haven't had a chance to see it work on an infection that has gotten past it. If one ever does, I'll let you know my results.

;)

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
you also need to keep in mind zoron that most of the people here specially in these sections do not have the knowledge you have, somebody like you probably does not even need an anti spyware to begin with, or an anti virus, if you don't download and run install anything you don't need an anti virus as long as you got a good firewall and your OS is patched and up to date.

but I can't say the above about 99% of people here, for those I think SS does the best job.