Need sound help

FPSChris_96

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
When I turn on my computer it doesn't pick up my astro A40 headset right away, I have turn off the mix amp then on, then restart the computer to just get it to work (so frustrating)....I really have no clue what ups. I uninstalled the on board sound cards software and reinstalled it....still didn't fix it.

Any help would be great

Side note when i plug the headset in with no mixamp it works perfect (How i currently use it)

Ralston18

Splendid
My suggestion is to look into the mixamp's pinouts - may be some proprietary connectivity involved.

Google the make and model along with "pinouts". Compare to the onboard sound card pinouts - see if there is a mismatch.

FPSChris_96

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013

The headset works with the computer, I think its a mixamp compatibility issue with my motherboards onbaord sound card

Ralston18

Splendid
My suggestion is to look into the mixamp's pinouts - may be some proprietary connectivity involved.

Google the make and model along with "pinouts". Compare to the onboard sound card pinouts - see if there is a mismatch.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Audio 0
october wolfe Audio 1
Z Audio 1
B Audio 0
E Audio 0
S Audio 0
B Audio 0
P Audio 0
A Audio 3
E Audio 0
Jackbrat412 Audio 2
J Audio 2
ftezgel Audio 2
debslife Audio 3
BlankPersona Audio 1
shahriar.ratul3123 Audio 6
G Audio 0
Sound guy Audio 1
B Audio 1
Bandits13 Audio 9
Similar threads
Question Buzzing/Humming/Screeching sounds when playing games only
Question headphones sounding distant
Question Monitor Studio Speakers with External soundcard vs Sound Bar
Question How can I get my consoles sound to come through my computer?
Question Mic picks up other sounds over my voice.
Question Sennheiser HDR 175 weird sound cuts
Question Headset sounds like I'm in a tunnel, sounds strange
Question Question Traktor Audio 2 MK1 Soundcard single popping sound when turning on/off laptop and when connecting/disconnecting USB. Is it a normal behavior?
Solved! Robotic sounding microphone
Question Microphone in my headset is not picking up my voice when connected to PC but it works fine on my Phone.
Question Roku and sound system Samsung
Question Connecting Bose Lifestyle 28 composite (no HDMI) to LG 4K OLED (only HDMI) for best picture & sound.
Question There is a sound coming from my earcups when its not even connected, Why? Kraken TE
Question Sound bar help required. Please
Question Switching sound between dual monitors
Question Why do I get static /sparking type of noise from my earphone when I play any sound/music suddenly ?
Question Intermittent static and distorted sounds for all headsets
Question Why when I connect my subwoofer Yamaha YST SW215 with my speakers to my external soundcard, all I get is a low bass sound with no speaker sound
Question No 5.1 surround sound on the Logitech Z-906 when Dolby Digital is enabled
Question How to connect 2 speakers and sound bar to an amp

ASK THE COMMUNITY