Netflix Has More U.S. Subscribers Than HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
this is like saying there are more beans in a can of heinz baked beans than in a bag of jelly belly jelly beans. Yeah technically the statement may hold true, but they're two entirely different business models considering one is a digital distribution method and the other is a broadcaster

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Tom's I can't post a single comment with more than a couple of sentences because your crap comment applet keeps failing and "encountering errors". Horrible. Fix it already!

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
HBO and STARZ have pretty much fallen out since high speed stream has become a option. Back in the day they were one of the few "movies only" channels and they are limited to cable TV only while Netflix can stream to just about any internet connected device. It's just ease of access and cost.

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
One disappointment is that after getting hooked on a current TV series there is a long delay before the most recent runs are streamed. I recall for Mad Men that I had to wait almost a year before season 5 was streamed. Another disappointment is that they have pulled a series from streaming before I had a chance to finish viewing it (Stargate SG1 episodes)...

catfishtx

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Hey HBO, in addition to your cable broadcasts, create an HBO-only streaming app so people can watch your content and you can actually get paid for it. A lot of us do not have cable/satellite but we still want to watch your programming. Remember, people are "pirating" Game of Thrones in record numbers.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
For international it depends what they classify as a subscriber, as HBO is renamed as Sky Atlantic in the UK and is just another free channel you get with the HD Sky package - Netflix however you deliberately have to get it

Status
Not open for further replies.