Netscape Inventor Backs New Web Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
Some smart developer will do a plug-in with the same functionality for Firefox; it will become popular; and Firefox will make it official a version later.

gekko668

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
I think TH need to incorporate CAPCHA into the comment system. It is annoying when posting comment but get rid of the annoying spambot.

firebee1991

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
Am I the only one who sees this as completely pointless? Just focus on supporting web standards and let the social networks make their own nifty web apps.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]azz156[/nom]is it posible to ban people that spam anoying ads like above[/citation]
[citation][nom]gekko668[/nom]I think TH need to incorporate CAPCHA into the comment system. It is annoying when posting comment but get rid of the annoying spambot.[/citation]

i think the best solution would be to have a 7-day period before u can post on articles

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]i think the best solution would be to have a 7-day period before u can post on articles[/citation]

That would be much less annoying. Especially since I've been well past that for awhile now.

Though the guest posters do sometimes post good stuff... maybe put capcha only on them?

blueblunder

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
This new browser uses google code plus it integrates facebook hmmm. These two companies are notorious for tracking your information and using it at their whim. This is just another p.o.s program thats not going to update the interface for enhanced personal use. No sir, they just want to make it event more convenient for you to share your information. Do not trust google or facebook A.K.A tracebook, face recognition book. I want my user interface to be enhanced and my browsing experience to be one that appeases my thirst for information without censorship and without a violation of my privacy. Is that too much to ask for?

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
This is a great idea. I have to join Facebook to get this browser? I think I'd rather have my pride and sanity than a product backed by co-founder of a failed company.

The market just doesn't need another browser.

G

We DO NOT need another browser--I have enough trouble deciding between Firefox and Chrome as it is (currently rocking Chrome).

Djhg2000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Am I the only one here without a facebook/twitter account who's wondering what this is all about?
The only thing in their demo I found remotely useful would be the Google search thingy.

I guess I'll just stick to Opera and get an extension for that.

tolham

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
i'm sick and tired of all this social crap being integrated with each other and having to sneak around so my web habits don't get published on a hundred different social sites. just because i have a facebook page to keep in touch with long distance family doesn't mean i want them to know everything i'm doing on the web. can somebody make a browser that maintains PRIVACY?

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Arg, social networking is already TOO prevalent. I'm getting sick and tired of all the facebook, twitter, etc crap online. Innovation is great, but at least make it something useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.