networked Hard Drive to TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara_40

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
Hi, i have a portable hard drive connected to my TP-LINK router. I've been storing stuff in it and now i am wondering how i can stream movies to my TV from that HDD. If there is any ideas or options, i'm open to suggestions.

I also have an Apple TV 4 if there's any ideas to connect the HDD to it. I also have a Sony BluRay DVD player.

Solution
Hello there.

Your Blu-ray DVD player might be able to access the NAS (Network Drive) and play your movies if it is a compatible model. What is your model? Have you tried connecting it to the network and checking for access to the NAS?
Hello there.

Your Blu-ray DVD player might be able to access the NAS (Network Drive) and play your movies if it is a compatible model. What is your model? Have you tried connecting it to the network and checking for access to the NAS?

Solution

Sara_40

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
yes it works, what sort of tech is out there that can support .mkv if i wanted to go that direction. Is there a TV out there that supports .mkv streaming from my hard drive?

Hmm, I don't know about most TVs, you'll have to check individual models. But I do know that if you buy a more recent model of Blu-ray, such as the Sony BDP-S5500 or later, they have MKV playback even on NAS.

Of course, even when they have MKV support, you MKV must be rather standard. MKV is just a container: if the video inside is not what is supposed to be, it will not read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS