New 5.1 Surrond Sound System

Nick_194

Prominent
May 5, 2017
So I recently got a 5.1 surround sound system and I want to hook it up to a TV and it uses 3 3.5mm audio jacks to work which my TV doesnt have and Im pretty sure theres something I can buy that plugs into the TV that will let me use the surround system but the name of such a device keeps getting away from me and I cant remember what it is. Help pls

Solution
Those are PC speakers and not really made for true surround. The box above is about your only shot to get any kind of surround out of them, but will probably have problems still with certain surround formats and such. IT could work with the box Alabalcho linked, but not idea.
Samsung produces probably hundreds of TVs, for various markets.

If that TV has optical output, a box like this will decode surround audio into analog inputs your speakers have. If the TV has headphones-out only, you will have to find a setting on your speakers to output sound from all speakers from just stereo signal.

Those are PC speakers and not really made for true surround. The box above is about your only shot to get any kind of surround out of them, but will probably have problems still with certain surround formats and such. IT could work with the box Alabalcho linked, but not idea.

Solution

Nick_194

Prominent
May 5, 2017
Sorry I couldnt get a picture of the actual inputs that you need to see, that was the easiest link for me to get, it should be fairly simple to find a picture of the inputs of that system