New Acer Aspire A515 Return or Fix

Nohbdy820

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017
So less than a week ago, I got an Acer Aspire 5 A515 with the MX150 from Microcenter.com. I didn't realize this at first, but the left speaker is considerably weaker than the right. As my parents are going to be using it the most, and it is under warranty, I thought that we should return it and get a completely working one. But, I've already set it up all the way, and it would take a couple weeks to get it all figured out, sending it and getting a replacement. Is it worth it to return it? Also, as the issue is only the left speaker being weak not broken, would it be worth it to take it apart to fix it?If anyone has any input that would be great. I want to be certain before telling my parents what I think they should do.
Thanks for any response!

Solution
Taking it apart = bad idea. That will void any warranty.

Before sending it back, try going into "Control Panel" and "Sound". Locate the speakers on the the "Playback" tab and make sure they are set up correctly. If, after that, there is a problem still, then I would return it.
Taking it apart = bad idea. That will void any warranty.

Before sending it back, try going into "Control Panel" and "Sound". Locate the speakers on the the "Playback" tab and make sure they are set up correctly. If, after that, there is a problem still, then I would return it.

Solution

Nohbdy820

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017

Thanks, that was what i figured. The speakers were/are configured correctly, so nothing changed. I could "fix" the issue by balancing the audio (L-R) for the specific audio device, but then the total volume is limited to the max of the weaker speaker, which I found to be about half of the working one. As in, 40% in the right speaker was about equal in volume to 80% in the left one, and you can't go past 100% in the left one, so the right would be limited to about 50%.

I am now looking into returning it for a replacement.