New ad pages keep popping up on Google Chrome

ErnizLBJ

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
Hi guys ,

So I've had this PC for about 3 months and its been good, but last saturday I recieved an ad page which i hadn't seen before. Since then there are a lot more ad pages popping up . Basically if I sometimes click somewhere i get an ad page or there is one where I type something in to chrome and a new page of chrome keep coming up. I tried everything, checking extentions, viruses, ad cleaners and it still doesn't work . Can you help me because it is super anoying. Btw I am using Google chrome

Solution
by the way, those ads might be generated by an extension or add-on that you have in your browser. So if you reinstall, and then sync your settings, it will come back!
Give a good hard look at your extensions/add ons. Try disabling or removing any suspicious ones.
That might be your whole problem.

shmu26

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014
you have adware.
since your anti-virus didn't find it, download Malwarebytes anti-malware free version (you will probably have to accept the paid version on trial, and revert to free after 14 days)
Then do a scan.
If standard scan doesn't find it, do a full scan.
This will probably find it.

ErnizLBJ

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
Tried all of it and it didn't work ;(. I don't know what I should do because these things keep popping up and it is really really anoying. What should I do know ,because i deleted all of my viruses and adwcleaner didn't recognize any adware ...

These screenshots may help you : http://imgur.com/a/IZ4bF

shmu26

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014
if I was you, I would try the following three scanners.
each of them is either free or has a free trial:
1 malwarebytes anti malware
2 hitmanpro
3 zemana anti malware

one of them will surely nail that adware.

ErnizLBJ

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
So we are making progress. I downloaded HitmanPro and it immediately recognized what was causing problem here ,traficking cookies. So I decided to remove them and they were removed. Then I went back to chrome AND GUESS WHAT ,the ad pages still pop up. Then I went back to the HitmanPro and those traficking cookies still appear ffs ,then again I removed them and again they appear in google chrome. I'm guessing this is some kind of virus and I don't know how to remove the freakin thing .

Sccreenshots that may help you : http://imgur.com/a/b5FqE

shmu26

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014
those tracking cookies are not the source of your problem. they are relatively harmless.
do you use chrome, or firefox?
if so, you could try deleting your browser, and then reinstalling it.

best to delete with revo uninstaller, it does a more complete job than standard windows uninstall. I think revo has a trial version.
choose "medium" depth of deletion.
in the middle of the process it will show you a bunch of stuff it found, click delete, and then proceed to next window.

then reboot, and reinstall your browser, and it will sync your settings back automatically, if you sign in to your account.
you can redownload your browser using the regular windows internet explorer, or alternatively, before you delete it, search for an offline installer, and download that.

shmu26

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014
by the way, those ads might be generated by an extension or add-on that you have in your browser. So if you reinstall, and then sync your settings, it will come back!
Give a good hard look at your extensions/add ons. Try disabling or removing any suspicious ones.
That might be your whole problem.

Solution

shmu26

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014
if you find an extension that cannot be removed, that is probably your adware.
you can delete it with zemana anti-malware, but you have to go into advanced settings and let it rip through your browser extensions.

ErnizLBJ

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016

Thanks for the help . I completely deleted google chrome and did reinstall it again and it worked ,no more ads :))))

shmu26

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014
glad to hear.
be careful what you install, and even more important, how you install it.
Sometimes these free programs try to slip in adware and stuff like that, and you have to work hard to avoid it. You need to uncheck certain options during install, or even go into advanced install options, in order to get what you want and ONLY what you want.