New Asus g46vw, speakers sometimes don't work

cmegehee91

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
No clue what it could be, but occasionally it will just quit. It's set to speakers by default, not hdmi, this doesn't occur after I use headphones so it doesn't have a problem with the headphones jack. It says it's outputting noise through the speakers but I hear nothing. Help?

Solution

When its playing any sort of sound and nothing comes out (from the system speakers) try plugging the headphones in and see if you get sound. That way we can make sure its not a driver issue. If you are getting sound then it could be possible that maybe there is a loose connection on the speaker. Feel free to send me an email if the issue persist and we can try and troubleshoot further. My email is cl-fred@asus.com

Asus_Fred

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013

When its playing any sort of sound and nothing comes out (from the system speakers) try plugging the headphones in and see if you get sound. That way we can make sure its not a driver issue. If you are getting sound then it could be possible that maybe there is a loose connection on the speaker. Feel free to send me an email if the issue persist and we can try and troubleshoot further. My email is cl-fred@asus.com

Solution