New battery is same as the old one.

salman90pk123

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
Hello,
I have a hp probook ci7, its 8 months old. recently its battery timing halved and as it was under warranty i got the battery replaced with a new one. The problem is that the new replaced battery shows the same time as the old one i.e. 3 hrs. i have no idea what to do?

Solution
In Windows 7 click Start and type Power. In Control Panel you'll see Power Options. For maximum battery life choose power saver. Your laptop should automatically change plans to that when you unplug the power. If your power is plugged in you can use the other options. As Dingo said you can individually choose buttons based on what you use the most.

zdbc13

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
Where did you get the replacement battery? Is it an OEM battery from the laptop's manufacturer? Some eBay batteries are not up to the manufacturers standard for new batteries.

dingo07

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
That time may be correct for the amount of processes that are running... Have you checked Task Mananger/Processes tab and see if there's programs running that u aren't using?

You might also want to go through the Power Settings manually and select the radio buttons for each individual item to get the most out of the battery time.

salman90pk123

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

i got it from the supplier that sold me the notebook. it was under local warranty. I think it is an OEM, it has all the labels and serial numbers like the original one had.

salman90pk123

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

I don't think there are any ghost programs running that i do know about. and i don't know to how to configure the power settings?

zdbc13

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
In Windows 7 click Start and type Power. In Control Panel you'll see Power Options. For maximum battery life choose power saver. Your laptop should automatically change plans to that when you unplug the power. If your power is plugged in you can use the other options. As Dingo said you can individually choose buttons based on what you use the most.

Solution