New Blockbuster Service Won't Be Netflix Killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]silky salamandr[/nom]Netflix has already done a fantastic job of killing themselves. They dont need another company to put them in the dirt.[/citation]

Yeah pretty much. Netflix was fantastic as of like, a few months ago. Has gone to sh*t every since "Quikster" and the whole Starz contract thing.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
What is the freaking point if I still have to have a satellite box at my TV to view it?

For my family the entire point of Netflix is to be able to stream and watch tv/movies to areas and devices that dont have a satellite or pc. For example all of our bedrooms have TV's where we stream netflix via blue ray players/xbox/wii.

If you cant offer a service to replace that then you arent going to get my business.

anngregory76

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Blockbuster might be worth a try. However, there are other ways to watch streaming TV online and not be stuck to one service. Look at the TVDevo website. There are no limitations to what can be watched online.

three0duster

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
Dish Sucks butt, that is a dumb decision on blockbusters part. What is up with all these idiot companies making bone head decisions?

G

Comcast cable box = standard programming, HBO, and on-demand
Computer = Comcast xfinity streaming service of standard programming, HBO, and on-demand (no additional charge over the cable subscription)
Computer = Netflix streaming
Game Console = Netflix streaming

I like these options and my voip from comcast as well.

I honestly hate Comcast for the high prices and dated cable boxes, but they are making improvements. I just got a new HD DVR cable box with larger storage, and nearly half the footprint of the previous grey motorola box.

Why now after having all this set up and customized to my liking, would I suddenly want to go with Dish and blockbuster? I'm already comfortable. Why stir the pot with more headaches?

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Dish isn't the worst. It's cheap and the HD is acceptable.
One thing this does for sure is put a nail in Direct TV's coffin. Pretty easy to decide between those two now if you had to pick.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]anngregory76[/nom]Look at the TVDevo website. There are no limitations to what can be watched online.[/citation]Booooo. This is spam. First and only post.
TVDevo is a scam.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]three0duster[/nom]Dish Sucks butt, that is a dumb decision on blockbusters part. What is up with all these idiot companies making bone head decisions?[/citation]
What is up with all these idiot posters making bone headed comments?

This isn't Blockbuster's decision, they are owned by Dish Network, it is Dish Network's decision.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Wow I think I'm sold on this. I used to be a Blockbuster online and Netflix subscriber since I liked renting dvd's a lot, but now I can have their service for just $10? Woot! I will definitely try this once I have more info.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
all these movies and game rental businesses sleep in the same bed... why would anyone try to offer something better when they can monopolize as a whole team and benefit from it?

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
The only thing DirecTV has is sports. Sure there are a lot of sports fans but I think that they are so focused on sports that they have let the movie and regular entertainment aspect fall apart. Not to mention DirecTV is really outrageously priced once any special offers for new customers end. I'm dropping them next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.