New budget laptop for gaming & programming

rbabu

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015
I planning to buy a laptop online and primarily my usage will be for gaming &

programming. Also I intend to browse heavily and watch HD videos.

The configuration I am inclined towards right now is:
CPU: Intel Core i5 4th gen
RAM: 4-8GB DDR3
Storage: 1 TB
GPU: intel HD 4400
Budget: INR 40k -50k ($645-$800)

Now the questions:
1. Will this configuration work for me? If not what can I modify to better suit

my requirements?
2. The games I will like to play will be like Call of duty, battlefield, assasian

creed, batman arkham, AOE/CS(latest version), will these will run smoothly on

integrated Gpu or i need a external one. If so whhat would be the suggestion
3. Should I wait for 5th or 6th gen CPU releasing at the end of 2015 as it will

surely improve CPU performance, heating problems, newer iGPU, support for

DDR4 RA, etc. But will these new gens. overshoot my budget constraint ?
And will these 5th/6th gen make 4th gen obselete as intend to use this laptop

for quite some time?

Solution
hello there if you are trying to play call of duty, battlefield 4 and assassins creed unity you will need a laptop with a dedicated graphics cards the intel hd 4400 will not play any of those games listed. now any 4th gen intel will work just fine and some laptops are now shipping with 5th gen broadwell processors but i dont see a reason to wait for those when a 4th gen will work fine. so my recommendation is to find yourself a laptop with a dedicated graphics card hope this helps if you need suggestions let me know

psycrow395

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012
hello there if you are trying to play call of duty, battlefield 4 and assassins creed unity you will need a laptop with a dedicated graphics cards the intel hd 4400 will not play any of those games listed. now any 4th gen intel will work just fine and some laptops are now shipping with 5th gen broadwell processors but i dont see a reason to wait for those when a 4th gen will work fine. so my recommendation is to find yourself a laptop with a dedicated graphics card hope this helps if you need suggestions let me know

Solution

rbabu

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015

Can you suggest any graphics card that will fit my budget and will play these games.