New computer having issues running Flash Professional CS5

theangryotter

Estimable
Jul 22, 2014
Hey Everybody,

I've got a month old pc w/ Win 8.1, AMD A8-6500 3.5ghz processor with 2gb of VRAM, 8gb of RAM.

Originally I installed CS5 on my system and it was unusable from how bad the delay was in between clicking on icons or just drawing something with the pencil tool. We're talking 10+ seconds between me clicking on something to when it actually happens, if it does at all. So I closed out all my other windows that were open, which helped a small bit, and I bought a new video card (thinking that it was the onboard video that originally came with the computer). The new video card helped a lot, but I'm still seeing a few seconds of lag/delay in everything.

My next step I thought of was to double up the system RAM, however I don't know if this is going to solve anything because my laptop (which was an i5 2.4ghz, 4gb RAM w/ 512mb of VRAM) ran it flawlessly. I can't help but feel like it should be running with no problems now with everything being a clear upgrade from my laptop. I'd like to avoid spending the money on RAM if I don't have to.

So with that said, does anybody have any suggestions on what I can do to fix this, or am I right to upgrade the RAM like I originally thought?

It's not the RAM 8 is plenty, but may be the CPU, although from how you describe things, it should not be THAT slow even with the A8.

Does the laptop also have Win 8? If not, that may be the issue. You can also try contacting Adobe support, they would have engineers that can check things better than we can to see where the slowness is coming from.

theangryotter

Estimable
Jul 22, 2014

Now that you mention it, the laptop is running Win 7. I spoke with someone else about this and they're thinking Flash is conflicting with either Win 8 or some other software that's running.