Solved! New dell xps 15 massive jump in latency

guwant

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011
hi all. i just bought a new dell xps 15 and i selected the Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6230 wifi card to go with it for better online gaming. i generally play league of legends but im experiencing some problems with my latency. it usually hovers around 200, but there will be a sudden jump in latency to around 1000. any ideas on whats going on with my wifi? my old asus plays well on the same wifi network, smoothly. any ideas on whats going on or how to fix it? thanks in advance!

Solution
That may require flashing the wireless chip if you can find some sort of software for it. I'm not sure though. I assume that there isn't an option anywhere within the Dell wireless utility or Windows?

Try posting the question in the wireless forum to see if anyone would have an idea.

guwant

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011
im using linksys wrt610n on mixed mode.
i have discovered the source of the problem. my laptop chooses to connect in wireless g mode instead of n. any idea how can i fix my laptop to receive in n mode only without changing my router to n only mode.

That may require flashing the wireless chip if you can find some sort of software for it. I'm not sure though. I assume that there isn't an option anywhere within the Dell wireless utility or Windows?

Try posting the question in the wireless forum to see if anyone would have an idea.

Solution