Question New folder I didnt create and 2 Settings apps,

Oct 16, 2022
Hello, a few days ago I found a second Settings app on my iphone and today I saw a new folder I didnt create named Photography with Camera and Photos apps inside. What can it be, does it mean my iphone security is compromised and someone created it and my phone is hacked? Noone in my household has access to my iphone. What should I do about that to prevent it from happening again? And is it safe to delete the second Settings app? Thank you in advance for your insight.

Oct 16, 2022
No its not unfortunately. I know I have to update it, I was thinking about it yesterday but was afraid that I may loose access to the phone, if it wont go as expected, because of these issues.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I use an iPhone for work and have for several years. Never once had an iOS update issue. Zero.

Updating your phone helps ensure it stays secure. You really should consider updating it.

Regarding your initial concern, you are likely fine.

Oct 16, 2022
I have updated my iphone but the 2 settings apps still remained. Update: I got rid of second Settings app by dragging it to the App Library. It didnt work at first after I dragged it and placed it in the App Library it still remained on the Home page. I tried several times and it didnt work. It worked with Camera and Photos apps thats why I decided to try it with Settings app. When I tried to drag it again it opened and it was in Bluetooth and it was on but I didnt open Bluetooth before, so I wondered why it was in Bluetooth page and I wondered if it should be on and read that if not in use it should be off for safety reason. I turned Bluetooth off. Then I dragged the Settings app again and placed it in the Library App and when I checked on the Home page the extra Settings app was gone. Thats what happened. Just thought I'll let you know. Not sure if its for good but it is gone now.

Last edited: