New gaming laptop runs every game but minecraft well.

BrayMac

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
I have just bought an Acer Aspire VX15 with a GTX 1050Ti, Core i7 7700HQ, 16GB DDR4 RAM. It runs some modern titles like Rocket league at a consistent 130 FPS MAX settings, and Fortnite at a good 60+, However as soon as we go to minecraft, it barely goes over 60 FPS in singleplayer, above ground. i've tried every setting; Max FPS, Render distance 12, anisotropic filtering off, still the same, and i have no mods. I have a friend with literally a worse build, i5, 1050. He gets over 250. Im honestly just confused., because i know my laptop should be performing better than this. Help is appreciated.
Edit: I've just tried running it on the core i7, and it literally has the same FPS... then i go to speedfan (a component tracker) and when i run it on the GPU, it says the GPU is on 0 degrees celcius. now im not a computer expert but to me this seems like its just always running on the CPU instead of the GPU, no matter what i tell it.

Solution
Are you sure the GPU being used isn't the Intel one built into the CPU?
I'm not familiar with this laptop but you may need it to the list of games in the Nvidia control panel.

BrayMac

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017

this is exactly what it was, though i found this out myself after a bit of looking around. Thanks! sorry for the late reply.