New Gaming PC Audio System, What should I chose!

nathanlaw90

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015
Hi,

I am looking to build my own sound system or use a pre-built system primarily or gaming and films!

Games such as battlefield, I want to really feel the immersion... the bullet whistle, the explosions etc.

I don't know a great deal about choosing the best possible speakers and was hoping somebody could give me the best possible advice before I spend my money

Here are the current speakers I am looking at purchasing.

http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Powered-Speaker-Systems/A5-plus-B-Powered-Speakers

The sub also.

http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Subwoofers/S8B-Powered-Subwoofer

Solution
not sure about the a5, but i know the a2+ are very particular about where they get placed. they either sound mediocre and not worth the money or quite decent depending on that very particular positioning.

given the money you're thinking of spending, i'd recommend just getting a stereo amplifier and some good bookshelves with a subwoofer.

for $750 (msrp of those two products) you have options.

you could get a 5.1 set such as the energy take classic 5.1 paired with a cheap receiver from pioneer or yamaha and still be under budget.

or, you could get either a decent amp or stereo receiver and get some larger bookshelf speakers with a subwoofer.

technically you could also go with a powered set like you're thinking though you might want...
not sure about the a5, but i know the a2+ are very particular about where they get placed. they either sound mediocre and not worth the money or quite decent depending on that very particular positioning.

given the money you're thinking of spending, i'd recommend just getting a stereo amplifier and some good bookshelves with a subwoofer.

for $750 (msrp of those two products) you have options.

you could get a 5.1 set such as the energy take classic 5.1 paired with a cheap receiver from pioneer or yamaha and still be under budget.

or, you could get either a decent amp or stereo receiver and get some larger bookshelf speakers with a subwoofer.

technically you could also go with a powered set like you're thinking though you might want one a bit more flexible on positioning.

Solution