New Headphone, One Jack, Mic is not working

mmboss

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
Hey guys!
I bought a new headphone which has one jack cable, but my computer has one headphone and one mic connections. My mic is not working / do anything. I tried it with an ' airplane adapter ' and then it worked so low quality, and i heared the sound only one side.
Can you guys help me? I tried also Realtek options, not worked.
I tried also with my phone, worked perfectly.
Maybe a need a splitter? Whats the difference the splitter vs airplane adapter?

Solution
a_qna.jpg

in above photo ignore 2.5mm and 3.5mm as i'm talking about how many sections it has (image is for visual purposes).

likely 3pole vs 4pole?

assuming you have a headset (includes mic) not headphones alone.

3pole is just for audio or mic separate (this is what your pc has). 4pole carries both (this is what i think your new headset has). assuming that is the case you want a cellphone to pc adapter (4pole to two 3pole adapter) which are as common as dirt. something like this https://www.amazon.com/Exclusives%C2%AE-Smartphone-Headset-Adapter-01-PH35-PC35/dp/B00JWVR880/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1470753995&sr=8-9&keywords=phone+headset+adapter
a_qna.jpg

in above photo ignore 2.5mm and 3.5mm as i'm talking about how many sections it has (image is for visual purposes).

likely 3pole vs 4pole?

assuming you have a headset (includes mic) not headphones alone.

3pole is just for audio or mic separate (this is what your pc has). 4pole carries both (this is what i think your new headset has). assuming that is the case you want a cellphone to pc adapter (4pole to two 3pole adapter) which are as common as dirt. something like this https://www.amazon.com/Exclusives%C2%AE-Smartphone-Headset-Adapter-01-PH35-PC35/dp/B00JWVR880/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1470753995&sr=8-9&keywords=phone+headset+adapter

Solution

mmboss

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016

I have the similar / exactly the same as the first picture, with 4 Pole.
I also find the same answer like you, and bigpinkdragon286 gave, i think it will be the good solution! :) Thank you so much! :)