New Headset comparative Help

Solution

Out of those two; go for the Kave, its just a better headset with better volume controls.

However, just to throw a spanner in the works, I'd actually go for a HyperX Cloud 2. They're pretty much considered the king of their price range at the minute (£69). You get a bigger and better sound driver in them then either of the the current options, and after I bought a pair last week, I couldn't be happier.

To put it into perspective, the...

Gallarian

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011

Out of those two; go for the Kave, its just a better headset with better volume controls.

However, just to throw a spanner in the works, I'd actually go for a HyperX Cloud 2. They're pretty much considered the king of their price range at the minute (£69). You get a bigger and better sound driver in them then either of the the current options, and after I bought a pair last week, I couldn't be happier.

To put it into perspective, the respected reviewers at TechPowerUp review both of the headsets you are looking at, as well as the similarly priced (in fact cheaper if you look in the right places) Cloud 2. Both the Logitech and the Kave both get only average marks, with plenty of cons which include bad quality mics, poor build quality and even lacking sound quality.

However, here's what the same site say about the Cloud 2:

"Pros:

Excellent build quality
Very comfortable fit
Detachable microphone
Separate game/chat volume control
Multi-format support
Braided cables
Competitive price

Cons:

None

The Cloud II certainly delivers in the performance department, one of the best headsets in its price range. if you want even better sound quality, prepare to pay around twice as much for it."

So in conclusion, if you really must chose between the Kave and the Logitech, then Kave it is. But if possible, go for the Cloud 2.

Solution
just a note: the cloud 2 had a huge problem with the soundcard giving really bad audio quality. not sure if they fixed it or not. you'll note a few of those posts on this forum if you do a search.

i would say go with the original hxc though.

Gam3r01

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
They fixed the sound card issue, I was one of the pre-orders for the headset and had issues with the card.
However, Kingston sent me a 3.5 to dual 3.5 connector to bypass it until they could fix it. A few weeks later they send me a new card, wrapped inside one of their Fury XL mousepads as compensation. New card works fine, and it seems to be fixed with the new ones.

Gallarian

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011

I bought a set of of Cloud2's last week; the audio quality is fantastic! That problem must have been ironed out by now, as Gam3r01 said.