New K750JN DB71 CA Notebook

oskar270

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
Just ordered my K750JN-DB71-CA and wonder if any other members have experience with it and comments. Should be arriving early next week

Don’t know if the model describes the specs but what I get is: 17.3” screen, Intel i7-4700HQ 4 core 2.4GHz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM, Nvidia 840M 2G

I’m not into gaming and will use it for entertainment and AutoCAD work

oskar270

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
I don’t have Secure Boot on my Megatrends bios, I only have Fast Boot (enabled) and Launch CSM (disabled) which I don’t know what it means.

It’s a good laptop but I have booting twice quite often which is annoying. This happens only at power off / on and never on restart / log off

lifexp

Estimable
Oct 2, 2014
Thanks oskar for the fast reply! I was hoping that the feature would be listed under Security or maybe under Advanced similar to the Dell unit I'm looking at, do you see any menu option for Legacy Boot maybe?

Need to install Linux so trying to decide if I want to dual boot from the local drive (Win/Lin) or simply boot Linux from an external drive.

Cheers!

oskar270

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
My 6 years old laptop is a Dell Inspiron and they use different bios than Asus. My asus has these tabs at the top: Main (showing all the hardware, time / data etc), Advanced (settings for hardware like graphics, sata, usb etc), Security (set passwords for HDD, admin, user), Save and Exit

The Boot Tab has:
Fast boot
Launch CSM
Boot option (sets the boot order from windows or usb or dvd)
Add new boot option (Choices here are: Path for boot option, Boot option file path, and Create)

I would say your option should be under “Add new boot option”

BTW before the asus I did try two new Dell Inspirons and both had problems with the touchpad and I return both. The asus touchpad is not any better (lol) but I manage. I think is the new style of touchpads which all new laptops have, that’s the two buttons at the bottom for right/left click are almost useless