New laptop boot time: 1:30 is this normal?

Claymoresama

Honorable
May 3, 2013
I just bought a pavilion touchsmart 15 with an a10 5745m, 8gb ram, and a 1tb 5400 rpm hdd. Im so used to my desktops fast boot times that maybe im just overreacting, but i feel the need to ask. Is 1:30 on this laptop a good boot time using win 8? I did turn off junk that didnt need to come on at startup. Any advice?

Solution
And by "boot" do you mean as soon as you see the login screen, or as soon as everything is loaded and you're on your desktop?

Claymoresama

Honorable
May 3, 2013

What should I do? Maybe it's a hard drive problem. I have been using it just fine, but that boot time worries me. I bought it from Costco so if I need to I can easily return it.

Claymoresama

Honorable
May 3, 2013

So on a 5400rpm hdd having one minute and 30 seconds boot time is bad? I get 25 seconds on my low end win 7 desktop, but that has a 7200rpm hdd. My concern is if there is any problem with my machines hdd? I just purchased it 4 days ago and it has a great return policy and warranty w/ costco. I just want to make sure this machine is working as it should because I just got done with a horrific nightmare dealing with the most god-awful defective Sony Vaio ever to be produced. As far as I can see my laptop seems to be working fine, except the boot time, which worries me because it could develop into a larger issue.