New Laptop for Gaming

shelobfirexx

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
Il try and keep this short:-
Need a new laptop, got $800
Will be primarily gaming - im fine with running on lowest graphics and other relevant factors but what I do want is decent fps (30<) when it comes to raiding and busy pvp (I dont know how feasible that is for this price range).
Kinda does have to be a laptop becaude Im going to Uni soon, a good bit of memory would be nice but not a necessity, im not too fussed about weight or battery life though.
Any comments are great!!

Solution
Leights Reid's laptop is a little under powered for gaming; its processor is a ULV design (ultra low voltage; meant for powersaving) and the graphics are no better the intel 4th gen Integrated graphics (not hating, just stating a fact.) The only real benefit is the 8gb of ram which is honestly not that important.

Construkt's suggestion is a very good one, if you can find that specific model at that price on your end (in the UK).

Else my suggestion is the best i can really find for you, with limited knowledge of where to buy laptops on the UK.

the i5 4200m is a full powered processor, and more than enough for gaming,and the GT 740M is sufficient for moderate gaming.

Bottomline:
Get the Lenovo Y410p if you can find it at that price...

cynicalimpulse

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
If your budget is 800 in pounds: here are a coupe i've found (only used amazon since i dont live in the UK so idk where you would get your laptops):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-15-6-inch-Processor-Graphics-Windows/dp/B00FSBFBD2/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1402355640&sr=1-2

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-Z510-15-6-inch-Laptop-i7-4702MQ/dp/B00HR6TYZC/ref=sr_1_7?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1402355640&sr=1-7

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-K95VB-YZ031H-Intel-2600-GT740M/dp/B00ESIZZ0U/ref=sr_1_9?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1402355859&sr=1-9#productDetails

Basically what you want to aim for is an i5 or i7 ,processor (preferable Haswell 4th gen 4xxx series; non ulv (ultra low voltage) and at least an nvidia GT 740m or higher.

EDIT: welp guess i gotta re-search up laptops :p since the budget is 500 pounds

shelobfirexx

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
Sorry!! :-( - errm weve got places like PC World but im guessing thats expensive, dont know about any of the small places - im also open to 2nd hand laptops if that will give me a better spec

cynicalimpulse

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
Leights Reid's laptop is a little under powered for gaming; its processor is a ULV design (ultra low voltage; meant for powersaving) and the graphics are no better the intel 4th gen Integrated graphics (not hating, just stating a fact.) The only real benefit is the 8gb of ram which is honestly not that important.

Construkt's suggestion is a very good one, if you can find that specific model at that price on your end (in the UK).

Else my suggestion is the best i can really find for you, with limited knowledge of where to buy laptops on the UK.

the i5 4200m is a full powered processor, and more than enough for gaming,and the GT 740M is sufficient for moderate gaming.

Bottomline:
Get the Lenovo Y410p if you can find it at that price range on your end else; aim for something with similar specs as mine (albeit a bit more ram).

Hope this helps!

Solution