New laptop for Sims 4

Githa Drok

Estimable
Sep 30, 2014
Hello !

I want to buy a new laptop and I've found one .. But I don't know if it's a good one to play Sims 4 with ..

ASUS F550LDV-XX849H
15,6 inch HD • Intel Core i7-4510U • 4 GB • 500 GB HDD • NVIDIA GeForce GT 820 (2 GB)

I hope anyone can help me because I've had sooooo much trouble playing Sims 3 on my old laptop. It was so slow and the graphiccard couldn't handle it I think so. So pleeeease !

XO

Solution
It seems like you are in Italy based on Googling the model number. I can't say specifically which laptop you should be since model numbers can vary by region. I will say that from a gaming perspective you are better off looking for a laptop with Core i5 CPU and a slightly more powerful graphics chip like the GT 840m.

The difference between "U" model core i5 and core i7 CPUs is basically the clockspeed. Both are dual core CPUs with is fine for the Sims 4. The GT 820m should be decent enough to play the Sims 4, however, it's better to get a laptop with a more powerful graphics chip and a slightly less powerful CPU (to save some money) because games generally rely more on the graphics chip than the CPU.

It seems like you are in Italy based on Googling the model number. I can't say specifically which laptop you should be since model numbers can vary by region. I will say that from a gaming perspective you are better off looking for a laptop with Core i5 CPU and a slightly more powerful graphics chip like the GT 840m.

The difference between "U" model core i5 and core i7 CPUs is basically the clockspeed. Both are dual core CPUs with is fine for the Sims 4. The GT 820m should be decent enough to play the Sims 4, however, it's better to get a laptop with a more powerful graphics chip and a slightly less powerful CPU (to save some money) because games generally rely more on the graphics chip than the CPU.

Solution