New laptop - help me please

Morten Blom

Estimable
Feb 27, 2015
Hello - Im looking to buy me a new laptop. Its the first time im buying a computer really, so i do not have much experience in this matter. I primarily uses my computer for gaming, such as League of Legends and Diablo 3. Im thinking of buying this computer: Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p - 6GB Core i5 15.6″ GF-GT755M 2GB.

The specs are the following:

Intel Core i5 (4. Gen) 4200M / 2.5 GHz ( 3.1 GHz ) / 3 MB Cache
6 GB DDR3L
1 TB HDD / 5400 rpm
15.6" LED baglys 1920 x 1080 / Full HD
NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M - 2 GB
802.11n, Bluetooth 4.0 , Gigabit Ethernet

Im pretty sure both league of legends and Diablo 3 shouldnt have any problems running these games in the highest quality, maybe im wrong though?
But my question is to you guys, If i were to buy a game that required more power than lol and d3, such as GTA 5, Batman Arkham knight, no mans sky or the Witcher 3 - would i be able to run these games with the laptop im thinking of buying? Sorry for my english and thx for you help

Baumy15

Estimable
May 12, 2014

please don't ever buy a Lenovo they have bad build quality horribly battery life and are just crap in every way.
go with the one below as that one will have no problem handling all those games

The 820m is weak, and not likely to offer playable rates at any decent settings on some of those titles, especially Witcher. You want a minimum of a GTX 850m and preferably an 860m or higher. More expensive, yes, but like they say, if you want to play, you have to pay.

Might have helped if you said you were in Denmark to start with. I'll look for some more appropriate units that will be available in your market, but you may need to find a way to increase your budget a bit if possible. I'll see what I can do but it won't be until tomorrow, as it's 3am here and I'm calling it a night.

Morten Blom

Estimable
Feb 27, 2015
Okay - hmm i guess i need to spend a little more then i first assumed. I think i can go as far as 1000$ though. Thank you very much for your help sir, its a big help. I guess i need to keep browsing a bit more.

Morten Blom

Estimable
Feb 27, 2015
That one looks very nice! The specs are very good for that price.
"please don't ever buy a Lenovo they have bad build quality horribly battery life and are just crap in every way."
^- Should i be worried about this?

Baumy15

Estimable
May 12, 2014
I'd say no as the Y50's are better as the ones my school have you can actually snap the chassis in 2 with your hands and I've gone through 6 in one year (mainly battery failure and on time the internals melted) reviews say the Y50 cost a lot but had good build quality. I'm taking their work for it as it stated how crap the T440's were.
Also are you looking at just Lenovo or are you open to other brands?

You all need to consider as well that what's actually available in the specific European market we're talking about here does not offer the variety we have in the US or other world areas. And ordering from other markets isn't likely to be a good choice unless the OP plans to use an adapter to power their device and learn to use a US keyboard.