TyCat7

Estimable
Jul 24, 2014
I have an HP Pavillion G6 2111-US Notebook PC. It had a busted screen. I sent for a replacement and got an HP Pavillion G6 1B60 US screen that is rumored to be compatible. I have tried installing drivers, but nothing has worked thus far. The drivers I did install from its prior laptop said that the detection driver was not present. What are ALL of the drivers I will need for my laptop to recognize its new screen? I am using an external monitor for the time being which is how I determined that this is only a screen problem. The prior screen, though broken, still lit when connected. Please help.

Solution
I believe your problem is not driver related. One thing to note is that these panels come with a lot of compatibility problems because they might not be exactly the same. Are you able to get access to the Model/Manufacturers numbers behind the LED panels. They can give us a clue for both the original and the replacement unit.

dexterwiz

Estimable
Jul 28, 2014
I believe your problem is not driver related. One thing to note is that these panels come with a lot of compatibility problems because they might not be exactly the same. Are you able to get access to the Model/Manufacturers numbers behind the LED panels. They can give us a clue for both the original and the replacement unit.

Solution