New Laptop Solidworks proformance

Glenn_28

Prominent
Feb 13, 2017
Hi Folks

So I found myself needing a new laptop after my old I5 Thinkpad really started showing it's age in a meeting. I Saw that lots of the others in the meeting were using much newer Asus machines I went shopping and found a model I thought would work and a search for the model turned up lots of encouragement in this regard from other users of that model. The sales guy suggested the model I ended up buying, as a newer replacement for the one I was looking at, but I now find that SW is really a slide show on it. I think it's a video problem. The laptop model is Asus FX753VD and it has a GTX 1050 graphics card. I have switched the machine over to use only this card thinking it might not be switching from the Intel default card that's in it. but this had no effect. I turned on ambient occlusion in the driver and saw occlusion become available in Solidworks so I'm certain the machine is using the GTX card. I don't know what else to try and await your responses.

thanks

Glenn_28

Prominent
Feb 13, 2017
Actually, it was easy. I managed to find an earlier driver for the GTX card and that seems to have done the trick the driver date is. 2016-10-20

Solution

TRENDING THREADS