New Lenovo 305 ideapad on Windows 10 keeps randomly disconnecting from WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2018
New Lenovo 305 ideapad on Windows 10 keeps randomly disconnecting from WiFi. All other devices remain connected to WiFi and laptop does the same on different connections so not a problem with the WiFi. It will disconnect after a few minutes or a few hours then will not reconnect until laptop is restarted. Once restarted, it connects automatically no problem but just disconnects again after random length of time. I’m typing this on my iPad as I can’t even stay on WiFi long enough on laptop to try to troubleshoot! I’ve just been trying for the last hour to find a site like this and type my query!

Solution
ok ... what I would do is open 'device manager' go to 'network adapters' and then select the wifi part and under the 'driver' tab select 'uninstall the device'. Shutdown and then start ... win10 will reinstall the driver it thinks is best.

Let me know how that works.

robert600

Distinguished
ok ... what I would do is open 'device manager' go to 'network adapters' and then select the wifi part and under the 'driver' tab select 'uninstall the device'. Shutdown and then start ... win10 will reinstall the driver it thinks is best.

Let me know how that works.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.