New Lenovo Ideapad 110 using 50% of memory after turning off all startup programs except BitDefender. Too slow....

CBXMAN

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
THis new laptop only comes with 4gb of memory and 50% of it is used by the system on startup even after turning off everything except BitDefender security software. Am adding 4gb to max it out but wonder what else I can do to speed it up?

Solution
That's a low end system, can't do much to speed it up. You can wipe it and install Windows clean without any add-on stuff that Lenovo has on there. That will free up some memory. If it does not have a solid state drive, replacing the drive with one of those will help a lot.
That's a low end system, can't do much to speed it up. You can wipe it and install Windows clean without any add-on stuff that Lenovo has on there. That will free up some memory. If it does not have a solid state drive, replacing the drive with one of those will help a lot.

Solution

CBXMAN

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016

Thanks for the note. I knew it was a low ender and only planned to use it occasionally but on a trip now and am using it a lot more than I planned and wow! what a dog. I have another 4gb of memory coming tomorrow that will probably help but I really like the idea of a wipe and a solid state drive. I hadn't thought of that and I appreciate your taking the time to write!