New Mice: Razer Mamba and Wow-Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]thackstonns[/nom]wow two whole mice. and both are a dissapointment[/citation]
How many mice would you like to see at at time? We bring 'em to you as we get 'em. In a year that will likely include at least a dozen.

arael

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
I've got the Razer Mamba at home, and if I had the chance to go back in time I definitely wouldn't have purchased it.
It's a great mouse once you get used to it, but I keep having issues with the cursor lagging/locking up occasionally, it's fairly heavy as mentioned and the battery life isn't as great as they say on the website/box. Save your money and get a different mouse IMO, I wish I had :(

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
Again ,,, no place for the pinky finger to rest,are these manufacturers naturally dense or are they just working at it ???:)

eodeo

Distinguished
May 29, 2007
i think they look awesome. I'd very much like to give one a try. Looking at the pictures it seems that someone has finally addressed the natural hand shape position and made 2 main mouse buttons on shape and rotation they should be.

Having 2 thumb buttons is definitely a plus.

I cant understand why the reviewer didnt like the mouse and why he kept insisting in referring to himself in plural... He was totally vague in his criticism. I guess I need to try it to understand.

Judging from the pictures alone, I want one!

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
The WOW mouse seems absurd and impractical but I applaud the manufacturer for trying something new, even if it is a complete failure. You can't have winners without losers!!

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Tomsguiderachel[/nom]How many mice would you like to see at at time? We bring 'em to you as we get 'em. In a year that will likely include at least a dozen.[/citation]

well you could rate them with some old mice that people already have like the revolution, or a few other razr mice. That way we know how they compare, or better yet throw that stupid mice out of the comparison and just do an indepth article on the mamba. That is the only one anyone really cares about anyway. Or two seperate reviews. One on the dumb one saying its junk, and a second for the mamba. I would just review the mice one at a time when they come in, instead of waiting a month because no one wants to use it.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
The fingers on the desk thing isn't uncommon. Have you ever used a G9? It's so small you practically have two fingers on the desk.

I'd like to see how ergonomic the mouse is, though. It doesn't seem to be for gamers.... which would lead me to believe that you went into this review with the wrong expectations.

Ironic, because that's not uncommon of Tom's Hardware. ugh.....

mpasternak

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
The "i can't rest my whole hand on the mouse" argument isn't a good one for the razor mouse to be honest. The razor mouse is designed for gaming, and twitch gaming at that. If you're playing First Person shooters with your entire hand on the mouse, you're going to get destroyed.

putting your entire hand on the mouse would require you to move your whole hand / arm to move the mouse. Where is using only your fingers you can plant your wrist (I know bad for carpell tunnell) and move the mouse extremely quickly in a short range. This coincides with the DPI settings. you can change quickly between the DPI settings to controll just how far and how much that subtle motion moves you. the higher you set it, the more you turn, the lower you set it, the slower.

So if you're running around the halls of Counterstrike with your pistol out, you can be on high sensitivity so you can whip around looking everywhere. than pull out your sniper, switch to the lowest sensitivity and have incredible accuracy.

changkong78

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
"Choosing a mouse is a personal affair.

What glides effortlessly along like greased lightning in one's hand might plod along clumsily like a mule in another's. What opens new realms of performance for one gamer might open new windows of grief for another.

This perceived 'inconsistency' is a source of great puzzlement and chagrin to many gamers today, who often attribute a mouse's less-than-satisfactory performance to manufacturing defects, inherent design flaws, or worse—technological impotence.

And because our hands and playstyles vary in a great many ways, word of mouth and mimicry can only go so far." - Razer Mouse Guide.

Each Razer mouse are designed for a particular mouse usage style. They have researched it and even came up with a guide on how to select a mouse.

http://www2.razerzone.com/MouseGuide/index.html

What is perfect for you might not be for me. I own and have tried all of Razer and Steelseries offerings, and the one that is suited for me is the Razer Lachesis. Mamba and Death Adder comes close but just fall short of perfect comfort.

So, the Mamba is not comfortable for you, but you can't just dismiss it as uncomfortable for all and then brand the Ikari as a 'clear winner'. It's a winner only for you.

geothefaust

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
I actually use this mouse on a regular basis (Wow Pen Mouse Joy), and ignoring it's stupid name, it's the best mouse I've ever used. I have no pain in my wrist or forearm while using it compared to other ergonomic mice (especially compared to that of a Evoluent). The position and posturing is the best for me. If you use it for more than 6 hours and come at with an objective view (seems people don't like the design), I think you'll come to the same conclusion. That is, it being a great ergonomic mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.