New Monitor Not Detected

hunterr0306

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017
My laptop has a bad ICD cable so I connected it to another monitor so I could see the screen, but recently (as in last night) I upgraded to Windows 10 and my monitor can’t detect anything so I have no screen to access the software, help would be appreciated, thanks.

(About 20 min later) Ok I just tried using another monitor and it did the same thing, I have tried a hdmi and a vga cable

Solution
Did you try disconnecting the monitor, turning off (not sleep or hibernate but off) the laptop. Then connecting the monitor and turning it on and finally turning on the laptop?

Should that not fix it, you may need to check the drivers as when Windows 10 updates it can mess with them. One of my many pet peeves with that OS.
Did you try disconnecting the monitor, turning off (not sleep or hibernate but off) the laptop. Then connecting the monitor and turning it on and finally turning on the laptop?

Should that not fix it, you may need to check the drivers as when Windows 10 updates it can mess with them. One of my many pet peeves with that OS.

Solution