Solved! New phone can't read old phone sd card

Jan 28, 2019
I have a samsung phone that died. I removed the sdcard but it wont let me open them on my new phone. What can i do to get pictures

Solution
If the card was just inserted (in the original phone) and left as "External" storage, it should work just fine in another device. If, however, you converted the card to "Internal" storage, then there is no way to get anything on that SD card. In that case it would only be accessible by the original device, and while it was as it was software wise. So if the old device say was repaired, but then the system reset, you still couldn't access the card.

However, as stated first, if the card was not converted, then you should be able to read it on another device, computer, etc.

What happens exactly when you try to access it and on what device are you trying to access it?
If the card was just inserted (in the original phone) and left as "External" storage, it should work just fine in another device. If, however, you converted the card to "Internal" storage, then there is no way to get anything on that SD card. In that case it would only be accessible by the original device, and while it was as it was software wise. So if the old device say was repaired, but then the system reset, you still couldn't access the card.

However, as stated first, if the card was not converted, then you should be able to read it on another device, computer, etc.

What happens exactly when you try to access it and on what device are you trying to access it?

Solution
Jan 28, 2019

It says it is encrypted. How that happened I dont know.