New PSN Terms of Service Forbids Class Action Lawsuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Why dont they just say they can do whatever you want and all you can do is pay them? Would be faster and people already know this....

Annonymus, i hope you have some free time to "explain in a very polite way" to Sony that they should reconsider their Statements.

Yep, im doing exactly what sony does, cover a clear intention with a lot of bulls*it of words.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]"If we screw up, don't expect us to pay up! And it's our way or the highway!"Did I sum it up right?[/citation]
Also "You cant sue me unless I say you can sue me!"

pretty much is ilegal here in US

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
...and that's why I don't buy Sony stuff. They make good hardware, but... I can live without it. If I couldn't, I would buy second hand, making sure Sony doesn't get any money in this transaction (reimbursing the original buyer instead).

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
this is totall bs hope US and euro courts rip them a new one over this. though i think this sort of move might sit well in japan , companies there seem to ahve teh run of things , but to be fair who know if sony greases teh right palms here in teh US they can get away with all manner of abuses too.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
I'm fairly sure this isn't illegal. It's like signing a waiver at the doctor for experimental medicine that you won't sue if anything appears out the blue.

Nobody is forcing you to use the service. HOWEVER, I'm sure it's a little more different because there is already an existing relationship between you and SONY (for people already using the network), BUT SONY does say their terms are subject to change at any time at their discretion.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
The problem of "change at any time and their discretion" is basicly the legitimate way to abuse.
There should be an extra there specifing that it will not abuse the power of it.

In fact, think about it this way: I work for sony in the contract department. 1 day i change the contracts for 1 month where i will charge 10000% of the regular monthly fee, and send it to my account. Now, since its at the moment "legal" for me to do it, i do this once, and vanish with my new many many millions....

Fine, we know its not that simple, and that ill probably en up in jail, but to give this sort of options is basicly retarded.

garyshome

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
Seems like a good way to cut out the LAWYERS. The problem is not Sony the problem is money hungry starving lawyers. I'm all for it, it says that the issues will be settled on a one to one basis. You all think corporations are the Problem, NOT. Get rid of the lawyers and everything will be much cheeper, this will be a better world.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Lawyers wont be CUT OFF, since sony will still have theirs,only people like you and me wont be able to afford a lawyer making it easier for sony...

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Sadly it is legal at-least to the US standards. You can pretty much sign away most of your rights. Credit card companies for example have the terms so you cannot sue them but rather only take them to a third party company in which they choose and basically that company judges who is in the right and wrong. You are also limited to the damages done and nothing more if you win. Of course good-luck "winning" no matter how right or how much evidence you present.

Face it corporations are more powerful than human rights and the governments of the world these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.